Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gravel Music

I'm not going to get into what I personally like to listen to when out riding, but a post on the Heck of The North website about winning $100 (I guess that's just the costs of running a once free event)  for an original gravel song that had some tag line in it got me thinking about what other songs were out there about gravel?

I'm sure there is mention of gravel in more songs, but I just searched by the criteria that it had to have 'gravel' in the song title.

I found many different varieties of music. Some bad, some not so great. But I do this for you, the 3 readers...

In 1st place by far is Wu-Tang Clan's Gravel Pit.  This is the only song on this list that I would consider putting on my ipod. Enjoy it, it's all downhill from here.




I don't even know why this song is called 'Gravel'. Maybe it's from a old bike riding Nintendo game where you were on a gravel course?



This song has a few highlights. It starts out with the lyrics "I heard the sound of your bike" I was interested for a second, but it's just not my style. I'll give this song 2nd place.



This takes the Hipster gravel song award. I can't really understand what they are saying though. I do dream sometimes that I lived closer to gravel roads, but that's about my only connection with this song.



This song has some nice guitar riffs and I can relate to the lyrics 'I turn to gravel when I die' as I've felt like I was going to die out on the course, but I still keep turning on to the next gravel road.



If I had to take a guess what the winning Heck of the North song will sound like, I'd guess this:



Here's a gravel song from the most famous artist on this list: Elvis. This is not his best work, but then again he probably didn't steal it from someone else.



In 3rd place is this diddy. Not my style either, but I can appreciate it.



I was surprised that there were not more country songs, but then again, if there were they probably have no correolation to biking as it seems that 50% of the people you encounter are pissed they have to turn their F-350 wheel ever so slightly to get by you.

Did I miss a good song? Post it in the comments.


Good song recommended by Larry:



2 comments:

  1. "Gravel Road", by the band Clutch.

    Tighten down your teeth fillings for a listen to Clutch they rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Spotify has other Clutch albums, but not this one. I have "Electric Worry" on my riding playlist.

    ReplyDelete