Saturday, March 10, 2012

More Pavement

I am writing this from a recently updated iPhone for the first time. The GF doesn't like all the clacking of the keys late at night so we'll see if this is an alright way to write or if I'm going to have to get the new iPad so solve this one problem of mine.

Yesterday I got out for what is hopefully going to be the last real cold day of the winter. It was about 29 degrees for the entire ride. I managed to get in 47 miles with just over 2,500 feet of climbing. I think that's right. I'm not going to bother to fact check it. It was a good ride with some wind and even a few miles of gravel.





Sorry I didn't use any of the instagram photo enhancements, but I rarely stop to take pictures, I'm not going to be bothered to see if it looks better in Walden or Sutro.
I also took the King of the Mountain (KOM) for 2 hills on Strava. One I don't really care about, but the other is right outside my house so it is only fitting that I took that one. There is one that I really want, but I suspect I might have to ride the road bike to get that one.

I have another ride tomorrow planned that will be about 50 miles. Starts in Cottage Grove, goes into Prescott through the LifeTime Hillfest short course and back to the starting point. I never bothered to check how much climbing there will be, but I suspect a little.

The Ragnarok is coming up quick and I just found out that Easter us the weekend before. That could really screw up my training. It seems like a good day to have a nice, slow 30 mile ride. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Ok, time for a product review. The last time I sort of reviewed a product it was about water bottles. Today's is on their partner, the water bottle cage. More specifically, a carbon water bottle caged ordered on eBay direct from Hong Kong. Well; I have no idea about this product. I ordered it on the 11th of February and it is still not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment