Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Consolation Update

Well shit.

I've already heard whispers that this has the makings to be the most epic Consolation 86 ever. Snow covered roads. Peanut butter roads. Minimal training. A chill in the air. One person asked if I had a "Arrowhead type mandatory supply list."

Not needed
 I think that the gravel roads will be fairly hard pack to start out with, and once we get towards Wabasha we hit pavement for the next 30+ miles. Then on the way back, when the roads could (will?) be soft, there will only be about 15 miles of gravel.

So, it is what it is, if you don't want to ride gravel in the afternoon, take the pavement back to Lake City.

These hills in Nelson are no joke, be prepared for them. There's big climbs in other races, but no Cat. 3's like these that I see.


I'll probably do one more brief update Friday.





No comments:

Post a Comment