Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Post

This weekend was shaping up to be pretty nice, and it just turned out OK.

Saturday morning I was going to ride 50 miles around Afton, but after getting on the SJ for the first time since November there was a strange clicking noise coming from the rear. At first I thought that my hub may have worn out, but decided that it had something to do with my rear brake. I tried to fix it work 15 minutes, but nothing I tried worked. The roads by that point were already pretty sloppy and I was getting cold so I decided to pack it in right away. Upon further examination I think that the rotor was pinging off of the brake adapter bolt. I think that I got the problem taken care of, but we'll see once the weather gets a little better to bring it back outside.

It was not all a loss though. I went to the gym and did an hours worth of intervals and then swam 600m. When I got back from the gym I noticed there was a package at the front door. The shape of it was very distinct and I knew what it was right away. I opened it up and the stuff looked great.
Probably too nice for me.
Now I just need to wait until the bike arrives to put it all together. I was kind of bummed that it wasn't going to arrive till mid April, but with the weather we are having there is really no chance of the trails being dry enough to ride anyways.

Sunday was St. Patrick's Day and I really could have cared less. It was so cold and everyone went out Saturday night anyways. Not a big deal. I went for a fat bike ride at Carver with Curt and Jose. We did 2 laps and the pace was pretty nice. Surprisingly, Curt only stopped once to adjust something. The trail was pretty hard packed with a few icy spots. you can't take the corners too fast out there because the surrounding snow is soft and deep. The bike will sink right in and send you OTB.

Next weekend is the LML. I am hoping for some colder weather, but it sounds like it is going to be 37 and sunny. That is going to make for a wet, sloppy day.




No comments:

Post a Comment