Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Disney Experince



15 seconds into the airport and we're taking photos!

I kept saying that if I got hired on full time that I would go to Florida for spring break. Well, that day came and I don't know if I even made it home before our tickets were booked. So last Thursday was the day and we left the cold, snowy conditions for a nice 75 degrees and sunny.

The flight was great and when we got to our rental car they upgraded us from a "standard" car to a mid size SUV (Nissan Murano). It was a great car to drive and the MPG was not too shabby either.


we stayed at my aunts house on Thursday night and then went to our hotel in the morning. we hung out at the pool and drank some beers, had underwater swimming contests, and who could pick up dad contests.

In the evening we ate at some local place and then headed to Downtown Disney to check out the scene and look through all the shops.
It's Perrrrrrrrrrrryyyy
Saturday morning came and we were off to Disney World bright and early.I had never gotten to the park so early, but it proved to be well worth while. Once they let us in we got on 6 rides in the first 45 minutes including Space Mountain. I'm always sure to get on Dumbo first. The line gets crazy long and it's not that great of a ride, but it's a classic. We went by it again later in the day and the wait time was 135 minutes.



Probably the best picture all weekend.
Note how few people are in the background in the above photo. This area is constantly packed with people throughout the rest of the day.

I always enjoy the teacups. Aurora however does not. It was the only ride that she complained about and did not want to go back on again. I may have spun us a little faster than she would have liked, but Cooper had a blast.



The kids are not as interested in bikes as me.
On our way to get a fastpass I saw this sign and needed to get a picture. The GF was confused about what she was supposed to be taking a picture of and I had to explain it to her. The kids are probably thinking this is worse than standing in line for 30 minutes.

Holy shit it's Mickey!!

I think Disney got rid of the "Only one of each character out in the park at a time" rule because it was a lot easier to get a photo with them than I remember.

I'm not quite Gaston, but close
Don't be fooled by the statue, there is no beer for sale here. Just some frozen apple juice thing.

We stayed at the park till the fireworks finished around 10:10. That made for just over 13 hours in the park. What a day. The kids were wiped out. Aurora didn't even make it back to the car before falling asleep in the monorail and I had to carry her.

Sunday my sister came up from Fort Lauderdale to visit with us. We went to Cocoa Beach and had a great time. The water was a little cold but that didn't matter. We still body surfed and splashed around in the waves. Then the kids got into building some sand castles and I was able to relax and catch a tan. There was also a surfing contest going on with some major sponsorship there. It was cool to watch some real surfers in action.


Monday we went to Disney Hollywood (Formerly MGM) This place was alright, but is mostly just live action shows. I was not that impressed, but the kids had a good time, and that's all that matters.


I didn't go on the Tower of Terror because it's not my thing, but I did go on the Rockin Roller Coaster twice. I normally don't care for roller coasters that much and to add to my anxiety ( I think rides are the only thing that gives me anxiety) Aurora was going on these all for the first time and I kept thinking "what if she pukes? What is she screams bloody murder, what if she falls out?) None of these things happened. She screams a little during the ride, and then once it's over asks to do it again. I thought about it and realized I am going to be in deep shit once they want to go to a real amusement park and go on all the rides.

Cooper said we had to get a picture with Disney.
We left Tuesday and headed back to MN. It was a great trip that couldn't have gone any better. Everyone had a fun time and was sad to go. I told them we would take another trip next year for spring break, but probably somewhere other than Orlando.


A side note to this whole trip was the amount of food Cooper ate. I really think he ate as much as me. Here he is at the airport destroying a basket of wings, some nachos, and one of his sisters chicken tenders. He might just sprout up 5 inches this summer. What a beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment