Monday, April 30, 2012

Sore

Since riding the Ragnarok on the 14th and then the Mammoth on the 21st my legs were getting pretty tired. I had been planning to go to El Burrito Mercado in West St. Paul to pick up some salsa but thought that it was foolish to drive there to buy $10 worth of stuff. So on Tuesday I headed out on the bike to hit some hills and then make my way over. After the first hill I could tell that my power just wasn't there like it usually is. I continued on my planned route to see if it would come around, it did not. I got to Highwood Ave. and couldn't power up the steep part of the first climb so I said "fuck it" and headed straight to the store. I wanted to scope out a new climb but that will have to wait.


After the store I rode back across the river for some easy spinning and had a nice fast ride back home. I got in 21 miles and 1,100 ft of climbing so not a bad ride.




Bob and I waiting on a tire repair





The Luge















On Wednesday Cooper didn't have baseball so I knew that I could get out early before the group ride and get some hard miles in. I started out going through half of BC and then back down to Highwood Ave. which got me the day prior. I climbed it well and continued on to Carver. I did a lap there and then headed back to BC. I could really feel all the climbing in my legs. They just felt sluggish. I got to the lot about 5:15 and there was no one there so I decided to go home and grab a couple of beers to drink after the ride. I even turned on the TV because I wanted to see what all the talking heads were saying about the World Peace suspension. I got back to the lot about 5 minutes before the ride started, stashed my beers, and took off. It was a nice ride with a good pace. We had to stop one time to repair a flat but that wasn't a big deal. We've brought back the "Jesus Saves Challenge" that kind if disappeared last year. It is always fun to try and climb it and with the tacky/damp conditions the tires grip well and it makes it a little easier if that is possible. I think that 3 of us made it all the way to the top. The rest of the ride my climbing energy was spent. I just went along at a casual pace. I ended up with 28 miles and 2,200 ft of climbing which is pretty good for that mileage in this area.




After that I decided to take the rest of the week off. I'll get some miles in today though.

No comments:

Post a Comment