Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Idiot As Usual

So I kept hearing this cracking sound from what I thought was the rear hub on the SJ. This was something that I knew I should not attempt to fix myself so I brought it in to the Angry Catfish to have it looked at before the Ragnarok this weekend along with my Gary Fisher which was in dire need of a tune up and a longer rear brake cable. Turns out that when I had taken the bash guard off of the cranks and moved the chainring to the other side I did not flip the chainring over so that the bolt heads would seat properly and hold the chain the proper place. This created uneven tension on the chain and when I would hear the crackling noise it was the chain stretching. So I got that issue resolved and they are fixing up the front brake as well.

On another note I got in my first mountain bike ride of the season in at Battle Creek. The weather was a little chilly, but a good time. The group moved at a pretty good pace for this time of year as well.

On Thursday I headed down the ravine with Josh to get in some challenging fat bike riding. It is always fun to go down there and mess around for hour or two. I didn't have any major crashes but I scrapped up my shins in a little. I think that the plants that are growing up through the rocks may make it too difficult to navigate a path in a couple weeks though. That's alright, it is a fun place to just mess around at in the fall when most of the "serious" riding is done.
 

Saturday was a planned 75 mile ride starting in Cottage Grove and going through Prescott and back. The weather did not cooperate. Oh, and Curt threw up 10 miles in. We ended up riding to the border, then through Afton and back around for a grand total of 44 miles. I was happy with this distance because it began to rain harder and harder and my hands were starting to go numb.

The weather for this Saturday is not looking too good as of now, but hopefully it will clear up. Either way, 108 miles will be ridden through Goodhue County.

(From the buzz I've heard there may be a fair amount of people gathering here on Saturday)

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to mystery hand-ups at the top of that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever they are this year, I'm going to take it.

      Delete