Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Science Fair 2012

Today was Cooper's science fair. He did his project on pulleys. It turned out pretty good for having me help him. That red ribbon says "Honorable Mention" which is grade school code for second place. First place is known as "Superior."

Here are a few of my favorite projects from all the grades:
Usually you have to get arrested to have this sort of fun, but this kid claims you can do it at home.

I learned a lot from this presentation. A lot.

This is a Space Colony. I don't know why people fear space travel. It appears that there is hospitable land and at least one river. Maybe the fear comes from the river sharks. (Not pictured: Man riding a horse.)

This was a group project and I was fortunate enough to meet and talk to the two girls who were interested in sharks. The first thing they told me was how long it took their Dad to make the shark.

My favorite project by far. Superior.
(At first you would think that the parent didn't help the kid at all and there is something to be said for that, but when you look closer, it says "We" and I have to assume that a parent was involved and I feel kind of bad for the kid.)

I also really liked this one because he just put a poster on his poster board. Genius. 
If you look closely at the cut out text, you will see that you can find rocks on the ground!


This is all in good fun though. I am sure that these kids did there best and had a good time learning something that they didn't have to. I also liked that out of all the projects there was only two volcanoes. 

Also, in full disclosure, I did 90% of Cooper's project. He glued the paper down and repeated what I told him to say, so it is nice to see that I can put together a 2nd place 2nd grade project, rather than a parent who did the same thing as me but got a "Participant" ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment