Monday, October 17, 2011

Week in Review

This past week was a lot of fun on the bike. I did two adventure type rides. The first one was in Cottage Grove on a dried up creek bed. The rocks were huge and it was a real struggle as we rode our way "up." We cleared a few trees that were in the way and managed to ride almost every section after multiple tries. I have to remember to bring my small tire pump and hand saw along next time to clear a few areas that were impassible or forced us to ride up on the bank. you have to be in a different mind set once you get out there. At most area mountain bike trails the larger rocks are usually the easier route. Since this was not human designed that is not the case and for right now I just have to pick the "easiest" line and hope for the best. Needless to say, I am bummed that Curt found this place so late in the season, but it will be a fun place to ride the Pug in the spring again. Hopefully there will be a little water in there to add to the excitement.


^Curt and one of his 1,354 dabs^


^Might be my 2nd favorite bike now, might^

The 2nd adventure ride was on Saturday. It started under the Cedar Ave. bridge and went along the river, up bluffs, through creeks, bogs, beaches, and mud pits. It was a great day and I am really glad that I made it out there. All these trails are within 5 miles of my house and I feel that I have cheated myself by never going out and exploring these areas. I guess I am too spoiled living so close to Battle Creek. Needless to say, anytime I get a free chance to get out this fall, I am headed somewhere on the Pug. Thanks to Josh for putting it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment