Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chilly Gravel

Today started out right. I rode over to Troy's house on the SS for some late season gravel time. It was the first time out on my 40x16 setup. I was a little nervous that I may falter at the tail end of the ride but thought this would be a good chance to test it out. It went very well over 36 miles. I could pedal at a 14 mph pace and still tell that I could go much faster if needed. If I don't get the cyclocross bike in to form by the end of February I think that I will ride the SS for the early season gravel races. I'll probably switch to 40x18 for the ragnarok.
Anyway, the ride through White Bear and surrounding area was fun as usual. I was a little disappointed that we didn't go down to the Arcola Highbridge, but that's alright, it was fun none the less. Hopefully I can squeeze in a few more longer gravel rides before the snow comes but with hockey starting weekend time is getting tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment