Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I Got Nothing

I haven't posted anything in a while so I guess my life has been mundane. It's actually been anything but, just nothing worth writing about. But if thousands of people are into Steve Tilford's blog where he talks about his group ride that day, maybe people are into the mundane. So here goes:

Despite peoples hatred of others listening to music while biking (Because doing two things you like at the same time is unacceptable) I went out and bought a nice pair of headphones for riding. Great fit, they don't fall off and the sound is incredible. The only con I can think of is the cord is a tad short for my liking.

Sports Legs should reach out to Lebron too

I built a pull-up bar for the garage. I've been practicing them at the gym and want to get better. Right now I can do 5 strict pull-ups and 12 kip pull-ups. I'll get better.


My neighbor is moving and gave me a Yakima 1 inch hitch rack. I already have one so I dickered it into a Thule roof rack set up. I wanted a roof rack for days that I have to go a few places other than the trail. I feel that the bike is more secure up on the roof and less likely to be stolen. Who knows. I could be wrong.


I did my first group road ride in about 2 years last Wednesday. It started at the Chilkoot Cafe in Stillwater, headed north for a bit and then picked up on the Gateway to Lake Elmo and then back. It was OK. No real pace line. Everyone was cool. It was a little slow for my liking though. they have a fast ride on Saturday mornings so I am going to give that one a shot and try not to get dropped. 

I bought a 20" replacement blade for my lawnmower. Turns out I need at 21". Back to Home Depot.

Rory and I went to see Shrek the Musical at the Children's Theater. It was good enough. Had some top notch seats though. I told her that we could go wherever she wanted for dinner; she chose McDonald's. I couldn't remember the last time  I even at fast food, so I agreed. I don't know how people eat that shit on the regular. So bland and unfilling. Well, the fries are good.


The last episode of Game of Thrones season 4 is this Sunday. I started watching the show last November and am glad I did. Two weeks ago death of Oberyn was pretty crazy


Although, I still give this death scene the #1 spot.


The teeth touching the curb gives me chills every time.


I'm going to The Battle Creek group ride presented by Erik's Bike Shop tonight. Should be fun as always.



No comments:

Post a Comment