Monday, July 22, 2013

Work Commute

It seems over the past two weeks the only real time I've spent on the bike is riding to work and back. It's an alright ride, but not having a road bike sucks. A lot. I can't get out for a quick 40 miles anymore and it is really starting to drag on me. I look at more and more bikes, but it's just not gonna happen in 2013. Hopefully in the spring I can pick something new up and get back to so fast paced rides.

With the hot weather MTB hasn't been at the top of my workout list. It gets so humid in the woods it feels like you can barely breathe, plus its slower and harder to get in higher mileage.

With that said I decided to go out to Whitetail Ridge on Saturday morning and ride a few laps. I sent out an email, but no one could make it. So I got there about 9:30 and hit the trails. On my 4th lap I was getting a little bored and decided that I would pack my stuff up and then ride BC, over to Carver for a couple laps and then back through BC. As I got to the car I saw a message from Don and gave him a call. He was on his way out to Whitetail so I decided to stick around and ride 2 more laps with him and Todd. The day ended up being 33.5 miles. I could have sworn that the laps were longer out there, but I guess not.

Sunday I woke up to a thunderstorm and I knew that since I don't have a road bike that I would not be biking today. I decided to do some long overdue yard work. Getting rid of overgrown weeds it not a fun thing to do. I need to come up with a plan to make sure that they don't come back.

Sunday night was Cooper's first of 7 lacrosse games in the next week. They passed much better than they have in the past and the scoreboard showed it. They won 6-1 and Cooper got his first goal of the season.
I asked him why he didn't do the robot when he scored and he said that it would be embarrassing.

Sorry for no pictures :(

No comments:

Post a Comment