Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Back at the farm.

Well, it was that time of year again. The time that I find a free day and go up to the farm to work on some things. This year it was putting some more screws in the roof of the shed, painting the shed, and putting a gutter up.

I decided to bring Cooper up so that he could get in on the fun as well. I try to make it up a couple times per year, and I've been trying to increase the ratio of "fun" to "work." There is a ton of things to do for fun, but I'm usually stuck crawling up on a roof.


First time riding by himself
Cooper has been bugging me about shooting the BB gun for a while and since your not supposed to shoot it in the city and our backyard doesn't really have a good spot to shoot, he never gets a chance.

I talked to him about respecting guns and how powerful they are and the damage that they can cause, showed him the safety features and then left him to figure the rest out on his own. Not really, but he certainly wasn't interested in sharing it with me once he got it down. The barrel and the site were a little messed up, but once I got it dialed in we were plinking cans all over.

From the hip!
This was the part of the day where we painted with a looming storm.... I was all for it because I knew that if it didn't get done that I would be back up there very soon. My sister was supposed to come up and paint, but she backed out at the last minute to make jam so I had to pick up the slack.
Grandpa wears his pants looooow

It turned out pretty nice. The tractor has still not made its way from St. Paul to here yet, but it might some day!

Finished product

After painting was done and I doused myself in bug spray for the 30th time I went in the house to find this:
He could have at least taken his shoes off

Once Cooper awoke from his slumber it was back to shooting at things.

Going for the kill...

I joke about having to go up there to just work, but it is a great place to hang out and do whatever. Hunting in the fall is always fun and most of all it is a great way to get four generations on family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment