Friday, June 21, 2013

Makwa

I headed up to the Cheq 100 yesterday to get some riding in before the race. I decided to check out the Makwa trail since it was closest to where I drove through. 

The trail starts out pretty rocky and uphill. It soon mellows out though and provides some great riding. The trail has a nice flow to it and after some short climbs you are rewarded with some really nice downhills. 


The trail crosses the Birkie quite a bit so there was a few spots to stop without getting completely eaten alive by bugs. 

I managed to get in 16 miles just before the rain moved in and it has been raining ever since. I don't know if I'll ever be able to ride my mountain bike again. Hopefully the is a drastic change in the forecast for the weekend.


I wish we had this many rocks at BC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment