Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mo Money Mo Problems

Please listen to the entire video before you continue reading...





Now that I'm not a lowly contractor, but a legit employee my current murder of bikes has somehow become inadequate. I am not sure how this happened over night, but it did.
Bicycle pile 2

The Pugsley just looks old as shit. At the Hillside race there were about 60 fat bike there and I didn't see one of the original Pugs. A lot of Mukluks. I also didn't see anyone with the original Large Marge rims. This tells me that I need to get with the times and stop riding the dinosaur bike. I started by drilling out the Large Marge rims. This is a long process that I hope to finish this weekend.
I felt like this guy

The Monocog is the only MTB that I have right now. It's steel and has low level components on it that make it heavier than it has to be. It's nice having a bike that is indestructible, but now that I have some cash and want to start racing again, I think I need something a little lighter.

I love my Bianchi San Jose Pro and it is not going anywhere for a while, even if it does have a flat front tire right now.

With all these issues the main one that needs to be addressed is not having a geared MTB. I have one in mind, I'm just waiting for the right time to pull the trigger. Probably in May or June.
This is a good look right?

I also have a Disney trip with the kids that is going to hurt the bike funds. Doesn't matter that we have already been there. We have to go again. I guess they could say you have several bikes, why do you need another? So it's to Disney we go.






No comments:

Post a Comment