Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fat Bike Season


So close, so far.

Fat bike season for me runs from October through February.

I like to get out a little early and resolve any issues that might be lingering on the bike while it is still semi-warm out. There is nothing worse than trying to adjust a derailleur in 15 degree weather. It also opens up some other riding options that would not really be fun on a standard MTB.

Once the snow flies the real riding begins. The trails at BC no longer allow biking (But they still allow every other activity)  so that means I either have to drive to Carver/Leb or blaze my own trail. There are plenty of woods in the area so I usually just find my own route.
My favorite fat bike picture ever.

I have a couple of things that I want to do this winter.
  1. Ride the creek from McKnight to the lower lot. On the upper half there are a few small drops that are easily manageable, but on the lower half there are some bigger, 3 tier drops that I think I will have to ride around unless there is a ton of snow.
The waters a little too gross for me to do this in the summer

2.    Find a route to Carver that covers as much woods as possible. There's a nice plot of land that has some small, but steep elevation changes and has a nice wide trail that goes through some of the woods. From what I can tell it only gets used by locals walking their dogs.

Enter on Henry Lane

3.   Get to know Mounds Park a little better, clear some downed trees or create ride arounds, blaze some trails to connect things, and get ready for some hard training once conditions permit.


Old trails, fun times.


Quick note: I upload photos for my posts before I write anything from my phone. The blogger app doesn't allow you to "Save as Draft" (It used to) So if you just see pictures, it means that I haven't had a chance to get on blogger and revert it back to draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment