Friday, January 27, 2012

The Weeks That Were

There hasn't been a lot of biking going on in the past two weeks. The colder temps make it much easier to go to the gym and spin for a couple hours.

I went up to Lutsen for a snowboard trip that was a good time. Drank way too much every night and ate unhealthy food. I don't think that I was fully recovered until yesterday.

I went on an 8 mile fat bike ride yesterday. Some snow covered paved path, some wooded trail. It is always fun to get first tracks!

The snow was pretty soft and I was always cutting through to the bottom surface. Combine that with being dressed way to warmly and it made for a tough ride. Getting the winter clothing dialed in has been tough this year with the mild temps.

This brought up my main issue with the fat bike though. While fun to ride in the winter, it just doesn't go that fast. It makes it hard to get in the miles that I would like to.

While riding my cyclocross bike a few months back I made a wrong turn down a closed road and stumbled across a nice wooded area that it seems a few people use to walk their dogs. I road around on the trails that were already there and it seemed like a nice place to ride in the winter on the way over to Carver.

Speaking of Carver, they are having a race there on Sunday which I plan on attending. It should be a good time.

Other notes:

I need to take more pictures. I notice that I will write this blog if I take pictures. A lot of posts have been lacking pictures and thats not very interesting.

Why does it take some parents soooo long to drop their kid off at school? You wait in line to get to the front and then they pull up and it's still a minute before their kid gets out because they are probably saying goodbye. Do that shit while waiting in line, not once you get to the front.

I'm about to end my "No Facebook for 2012" Twitter is great for news and articles and the occasional funny comment, but I don't like it to "connect" with people or carry on a discussion.

It won't be long until Ragnarok training begins. It is going to be a grind on the SS, but I am confident that I can do it.

I'll probably have a race recap on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment