Friday, December 23, 2011

Last month


OMG!!! What has been going on for the past month? Not a whole lot really. Just trying to get out riding as often as possible. I have been doing a lot less "mountain bike training" and just more fun rides. I have been out on the Pugsley a lot and the new CX bike a few times. I am enjoying the CX bike a lot more than my road bike. It will be a happy day when the road bike gets sold. I also found a cool app, Strava, that tracks your rides, but you can define start/stop points on hills and have a KOM challenge with other people using the app. So far most of the big hills in the area have been inputted, so its just a matter of getting out and riding them. The Pugsley has taken me on some fun adventures. I'll ride that thing anywhere. If there is a small deer trail or just an interesting area of the wood, I'll give it a shot. I am not worried about "getting in a work out" or things like that. While riding last week Curt and I decided to go check out a different area of woods that we have ridden once before in the summer and didn't really enjoy too much. It was much better in the fall. With all the leaves down it was easy to see where the trail was headed and there wasn't face slappers everywhere. We found a giant climb that rivals a few of the climbs in Red Wing. I am going to have to make it a point to get out there in the spring to trim some stuff back so that it is ridable for most of the summer. From what I've seen so far it will make a great addition to my normal loop. Well, thats about it. BTW: I am loving this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment