Sunday, December 25, 2011

Don't bring your road shoes

There are a few things that have happened recently and maybe they deserve a little note.
Starting from the oldest. I saw some pictures of some drains around town and wanted to check them out. I went out with and a couple other dudes and checked them out. One of them was fairly easy to get to, but the other two were fairly difficult to get to and the last required a small rope repel. We didn't get to the 4th one, but that's cool, it will give us another chance to get out. The drain were rather warm and there was little smell. I have to think of something to make the rides inside a little more daring. Maybe a dim light race or something.
Here are a few pictures I enjoyed.




Also, I went on a ride yesterday with Curt to our normal spots and ran into some bums having a fire. We had seen the lean-to before but never anyone there. They had quite the fire going and were just hanging out. They seemed courtious enough to continue to go back there, but I'll probably avoid night riding there. As always, it was a killer workout like no other trail in the area.

And since today is Christmas, of course I got some bike stuff. I got a pair of SIDI mountain bike shoes. I kind of needed a new pair. My Lakes are full leather with a lot of grip underneath. This makes them good for spring/fall riding but they get too warm in the summer.
I also had the grand opening of the Bianchi San Jose Pro. It's a great bike and I like it a lot.
I am sure there will be pictures of the bike to come this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment