Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mora Half



Diana has been into running for a while and this spring we decided that we would run a half marathon. We looked at different races and ended up choosing the Mora half marathon. 
Diana started running a lot more, 20-30 miles a week. I started running. I never ran more than 15 miles in a week and 8 miles was the longest run. 


The race started fairly quickly and I was running at a faster pace than normal for the first 3 miles. After that I settled in to grind out the remaining 10 miles. I never walked except for briefly at a water station until I got to mile 10. From there I would run about 1/2 a mile and then walk for 10 seconds, I may have walked a bit more on the 12th mile...

Sensing the end I sped up my pace and crossed the finish line in 1 hour 50 minutes. I'm pretty happy with that time. I really wanted 1h45m or under, but not breaking 2 hours is great as well. Diana crossed the line at 2 hours 9 minutes. I'm really proud of her. She trained hard and was up the night before with a stomach ache (probably because I convinced her to go over to the neighbors for drinks and frozen pizza) 


I really have no desire to continue running, but I think at some point I'm going to have to do the full 26.2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment